Acceptable Use Policy for Public Participation in Social Media Sites of the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums
Summary of policy
The Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums encourages comments, questions and suggestions. All comments and posts left on the HPLM’s social media sites – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any other networking site HPLM may use – are the responsibility of the commenter/poster. By submitting a comment or posting a photo or item on one of our social media pages, you agree that the content is your own and to hold Hayes Presidential and its social media sites harmless from any and all repercussions, damages or liability.
Hayes Presidential reserves the right to delete, hide or report abuse of any and all comments and posts. We also have the right to block anyone from posting to our social media pages. Our pages are family friendly forums, so comments and posts should be clean. Opinions expressed in public comments and posts do not necessarily reflect official positions of Hayes Presidential.
- Personal attacks or vulgar, abusive, offensive, threatening or harassing language. This includes creative spellings of swear words using asterisks, symbols or spaces between words.
- Making offensive, harassing or discriminatory statements based on race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, ancestry, disability, age, sex or sexual orientation.
- Posting sexually oriented messages or images.
- Posting anything that is copyrighted, unless proper permission has been obtained. It is up to the poster/commenter to seek permission to use any copyrighted content before posting.
- Sharing messages or making comments and posts that disclose personal information without authorization.
- Posting ethic, sexual-preference or gender-related slurs and/or jokes, which contain objectionable material or are easily misconstrued when communicated electronically.
- Posting comments that promote or advertise a person, business or commercial transaction that is unrelated to the HPLM region.
- Multiple postings of the same content. Any subsequent posting of identical information will be deleted.
- Posting comments that promote or oppose any person campaigning for election or a political office or that promote or oppose any ballot measure.
- Posting comments or posts that disclose information that HPLM and its employees are required to keep confidential by law or administrative rule.
Monitoring and Enforcement
Participate at your own risk. Take personal responsibility for your comments and posts, your username and any information provided.
Hayes Presidential reserves the right to delete, hide or report abuse of any and all comments and posts. It also has the right to block access to anyone from posting to HPLM’s social media pages. If users do not comply, their post(s) will be removed.