Free RootsMagic workshop by software founder
Date & Time: Sunday, April 30, 2017. 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Contact Information: Becky Hill - 419-332-2081
Learn how to get the most out of RootsMagic Genealogy & Family History Software from the man who wrote it during a special workshop on Sunday, April 30, at the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
RootsMagic Founder and President Bruce Buzbee will help participants with their genealogy questions and give an overview and demonstration of RootsMagic7. This event is free.
A schedule is as follows:
- Noon to 1 p.m. p.m. – The Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library will open for research and browsing.
- 1 to 2:30 p.m. – Buzbee will present an overview and demonstration of RootsMagic7 with specific information on how to migrate your FamilyTreeMaker data to RootsMagic. He will also discuss how you will be able to use your personal Ancestry.com subscription in conjunction with RootsMagic.
- 2:30 to 2:45 p.m. – Break
- 2:45 to 4 p.m. – Question and answer session.
- 5 p.m. – The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums close for the day.
To help plan for seating and refreshments for the evening program, registration is requested. To register, please call 419-332-2081 and ask for the library, or email Becky Hill at [email protected].
Buzbee has donated copies of his RootsMagic7 CD and book to those who become a member of the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums at the $100 or more level. Anyone who becomes a member at that level on April 30 will receive the book and program, which retail online for $39.95. Additionally, they will receive numerous other benefits – including free admission to the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums, five guest passes, discount at the Museum Store, genealogy benefits – that come with being a member at the $100 or more level.
About.com has named RootsMagic as the Best Genealogy Software (Windows), and RootsMagic’s app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch as Best Online Genealogy Tool or Mobile App.