PHIL-HISTORIC SOCIETY OF TOLEDO

Local History Collections

Collection ID: LH-MSS
Location: LH-MSS

(Description ID: 595357)

Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums 

Phil-Historic Society of Toledo

LH-MISC MSS


Introduction
Agency History
Scope and Content
Inventory

Introduction
The single ledger was donated to the Hayes Presidential Center by George Held family

Agency History
The educational organization, known as the Phil-Historic Society of Toledo (Philosophical and Historical Society of Toledo), was organized and incorporated on July 27, 1858 for the purpose of fostering historical inquiry among its eighteen charter members. An important focus of the society, was the organization of a "library" for members' use.

Scope and Content
The single ledger, begun in 1858 and continued through 1859, contains the records of the Phil-Historic Society of Toledo, including its constitution, by-laws, charter members, and a list of the society's books. A portion of the journal is written in German script.

Inventory
Ac. 5332

Ledger, 1858-1859.