Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums
Friendship Circle Farm Women's Club
Scope and Content
The records of the Friendship Circle Farm Women's Club were donated to to the Center by Mrs. Dorothy Garland. For further data on the organization see: the Batesole Chapter records as well as the Sandusky County Federation of Farm Women's Club records.
The Friendship Circle Farm Women's Club was organized in 1916 as the 79th chapter of the Ohio Farm Women's Federation with the goals of "becoming better acquainted and stimulating the exchange of community improvement ideas." A constitution was established prior to 1926. Membership ranged in size from 5 to 35 members with members meeting monthly at individual homes. Committees were established to carry out the organization's goals, including the loan of financial resources to needy students for educational purposes. The club disbanded in 1994.
Scope and Content
The collection includes the organization's minutes, the bulk of its treasurer's records, constitution and by-laws, its charter members, and a short written history, covering the period from 1916 to 1995. The organization's activities reflect the changing life styles of rural Sandusky County, Ohio farm women over this eighty-year span.
Folder 1 Minutes, 1916-1926 (also includes membership roster)
Folder 2 Minutes, 1926-1944 (constitution and by-laws)
Folder 3 Minutes, 1945-1952
Folder 4 Minutes, 1953-1958
Folder 5 Minutes,. 1959-1964
Folder 6 Minutes, 1965-1974 (includes newsclippings)
Folder 7 Minutes, 1975-1988 (includes newsclippings)
Folder 1 Minutes, 1989-1994 (includes newsclippings)
Folder 2 Treasurer's Record, 1927-1935
Folder 3 Treasurer's Record, 1955-1983
Folder 4 Treasurer's Record, 1983-1995
Folder 5 Miscellaneous Material
Folder 6 Written History, 1916-1985