Presidential History Book Club
FREMONT – History enthusiasts can read and discuss books about the American presidency with a book club based at the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
The Presidential History Book Club meets at noon once a month in the museum/library building. Participation is free. Members can bring their lunch to the meetings.
Members can get each month’s book from a local library or buy a copy. Copies of the books will be on sale in the Museum Store at Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
Curator Dustin McLochlin prepares talking points to generate a discussion among members at meetings. The format of the Presidential History Book Club is informal, and everyone is encouraged to be involved. The book club is sponsored by Richard and Kathy Smith.
The club has the following meetings and topics scheduled:
- Nov. 4, 2020 - "An Unfinished Life" by Robert Dalleck. Special guest speaker is retired U.S. Army Lt. Col. Benjamin Greene, associate professor of history at Bowling Green State University.
- Dec. 2, 2020 - "Lyndon B. Johnson" by John Bullion
- Jan. 27, 2021 - "Lady Bird and Lyndon" by Betty Boyd Caroli
- Feb. 24, 2021 - "One Man Against the World" by Tim Weiner
- March 31, 2021 - "One Man Against the World" by Tim Weiner
- April 28, 2021 - "All The President's Men" by Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward
- May 26, 2021 - "Gerald R. Ford" by Douglas Brinkley
For information on the book club, contact McLochlin at 419-332-2081 or [email protected]