Mark your calendar for summer Verandah Concerts at Hayes Presidential
A string band, a boogie piano player and vocalists performing songs from the ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s are among the performers featured this summer during the Verandah Concert series at the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
The popular concerts take place twice a month on Wednesdays on the verandah of the historic home of 19th U.S. President Rutherford and First Lady Lucy Hayes.
Bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating on the expansive lawn. Admission is free.
For in-person concerts, the please maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance between your household group and other audience members. Hayes Presidential also recommends wearing masks, although they are not required on the grounds.
The concerts start at 7 p.m.
The 2020 Verandah Concert schedule:
- CANCELED Wednesday, June 10 – Fostoria Community Band, performing concert band music
- Wednesday, July 8 – Cottonwood Jam String Band, a traditional acoustic string band HAPPENING, BUT WITHOUT THE ICE CREAM SOCIAL. Visitors are welcome to bring snacks or a picnic.
- Wednesday, July 22 – Nostalgia, a vocal ensemble performing music of the ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s
- Wednesday, Aug. 5 ONLINE ONLY – Matthew Ball, aka “The Boogie Woogie Kid,” performing boogie, blues and swing piano music. Tune in to Hayes Presidential's Facebook page to watch this concert live: https://www.facebook.com/rbhayespres/
- CANCELED Wednesday, Aug. 19 – North Coast Big Band, performing toe-tapping tunes of the World War II era
- Saturday, Sept. 19 - Bridge County Bluegrass Band, performing bluegrass music
Verandah Concerts are sponsored by Fremont Federal Credit Union with additional funding by Mosser Construction and ProMedica Memorial Hospital.
If there is inclement weather, concerts could be canceled. For updates, visit rbhayes.org or call 800-998-7737. Updates also will be posted on the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums’ social media pages.
The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums is America’s first presidential library and the forerunner for the federal presidential library system. It is partially funded by the state of Ohio and affiliated with the Ohio History Connection. The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums is located at Spiegel Grove at the corner of Hayes and Buckland avenues.
For information, call 419-332-2081, or visit rbhayes.org. Like HPLM on Facebook at @rbhayespres and follow on Twitter and Instagram at @rbhayespres.