Learn to trace your family history with genealogy classes at Hayes Presidential Library
UPDATE MARCH 13, 2020 - The March 28 class is canceled. If it is rescheduled, updates will be posted here.
Learn how to get started on tracing your family history with “Learning About Your Past” genealogy classes offered in 2020 at the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
Head Librarian John Ransom and Librarian Pat Breno will offer two beginning genealogy classes during the year. Through these classes, participants will learn the basics of starting a family history and how to use the resources available at the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
The class is from from 9:30 to 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 6. Cost is $10 per person and can be paid online at rbhayes.org/events or the day of class.
Please register to John Ransom at 419-332-2081 or [email protected].
In addition to the classes offered by Hayes Presidential Library & Museums, RootsMagic Founder and President Bruce Buzbee will offer a free workshop on how to use his genealogy software on Sunday, May 3, in the museum auditorium.
Buzbee will help participants with their genealogy questions and give an overview and demonstration of RootsMagic software.
The schedule is as follows:
- Noon to 1 p.m.– The Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library will open for research and browsing.
- 1 to 2:30 p.m. –Buzbee will present an overview and demonstration of RootsMagic software with specific information on how to migrate your FamilyTreeMaker data to RootsMagic. He will also discuss how you will be able to use your personal Ancestry.com subscription in conjunction with RootsMagic.
- 2:30 to 2:45 p.m. – Break
- 2:45 to 4 p.m. – Question-and-answer session
- 5 p.m. – The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums closes for the day.
To help plan for seating, registration is requested. To register, contact Head Librarian John Ransom at 419-332-2081 or [email protected].
The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums is America’s first presidential library and the forerunner for the federal presidential library system. It is partially funded by the state of Ohio and affiliated with the Ohio History Connection. The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums is located at Spiegel Grove at the corner of Hayes and Buckland avenues.
For information, call 419-332-2081, or visit rbhayes.org. Like HPLM on Facebook at @rbhayespres and follow on Twitter and Instagram at @rbhayespres.