Presidential History Book Club
FREMONT – History enthusiasts can read and discuss books about the American presidency with a book club based at the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
The Presidential History Book Club meets at noon once a month in the museum/library building. Participation is free. Members can bring their lunch to the meetings.
Members can get each month’s book from a local library or buy a copy. Copies of the books will be on sale in the Museum Store at Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
Curator Dustin McLochlin prepares talking points to generate a discussion among members at meetings. The format of the Presidential History Book Club is informal, and everyone is encouraged to be involved. The book club is sponsored by Richard and Kathy Smith.
The club has the following meetings and topics scheduled:
- Feb. 26, 2020 - “Truman” by David McCullough
- March 25, 2020 - BOOK CLUB IS CANCELED.
- April 29, 2020 - “Truman” by David McCullough This session will take place via online video. Contact Historian Dustin McLochlin, at [email protected] to be included.
- May 27, 2020 - “Assassination Vacation” by Sarah Vowell
- June 24, 2020 - “Eisenhower in War and Peace” by Jean Edward Smith
- July 29, 2020 - “Eisenhower in War and Peace” by Jean Edward Smith
- Aug. 26, 2020 - “Eisenhower in War and Peace” by Jean Edward Smith
For information on the book club, contact McLochlin at 419-332-2081 or [email protected]