Ukulele, bluegrass, swing and more at summer Verandah Concerts
Bring your lawn chair and enjoy free outdoor concerts featuring musicians performing ukulele, bluegrass, swing and other genres of music twice a month this summer on the verandah of the historic Hayes Home.
The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums’ popular Verandah Concert series includes a variety of musicians playing diverse genres.
Each event begins with an ice cream social at 6:30 p.m. Donations are accepted for ice cream. Music starts at 7 p.m.
On Verandah Concert Wednesdays, the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums will have extended hours and offer a schedule of special events, such as hands-on artifact activities, gallery talks and themed tours of the Hayes Home. The museum will be open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on concert days.
The 2019 Verandah Concert schedule is as follows:
- June 12– Fostoria Community Band, performing concert band music
- June 26 – Ükulele ensemble Grand Royale Ükulelists of the Black Swamp
- July 10 – Chrissy & Don: Music and Fun!, performing popular music with vocals and acoustic guitar
- July 24– Bridge County Bluegrass Band, performing bluegrass music
- Aug. 7 – Matthew Ball, aka the Boogie Woogie Kid, performing boogie, blues and swing piano music.
- Aug. 21 – North Coast Big Band, performing World War II era big band music
Verandah Concerts are sponsored by Fremont Federal Credit Union. Additional funding provided by Mosser Construction.
If there is inclement weather, concerts could be canceled. For updates, visit rbhayes.org or call 800-998-7737. Updates also will be posted on the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums’ social media pages.
The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums is America’s first presidential library and the forerunner of the federal presidential library system. It is partially funded by the state of Ohio and affiliated with the Ohio History Connection. The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums is located at Spiegel Grove at the corner of Hayes and Buckland avenues.
For information, call 419-332-2081, or visit rbhayes.org. Like HPLM on Facebook and follow on Twitter at @rbhayespres and Instagram at rbhayespres.