Presidential History Book Club
FREMONT – History enthusiasts can read and discuss books about the American presidency with a book club based at the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
The Presidential History Book Club meets at noon once a month in the museum/library building. Participation is free. Members can bring their lunch to the meetings.
Members can get each month’s book from a local library or buy a copy. Copies of the books will be on sale in the Museum Store at Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
Curator Dustin McLochlin prepares talking points to generate a discussion among members at meetings. The format of the Presidential History Book Club is informal, and everyone is encouraged to be involved. The book club is sponsored by Keller-Koch-Chudzinski Funeral Home.
The club has the following meetings and topics scheduled:
- Jan. 30, 2019 - "Wilson" by A. Scott Berg
- Feb. 27, 2019 - "Warren G. Harding" by John W. Dean. Sherry Hall, director of the Harding Home Presidential Site in Marion, Ohio, will join this discussion in person.
- March 27, 2019 - "Coolidge" by Amity Shlaes
- April 24, 2019 - "Coolidge" by Amity Shlaes
- May 29, 2019 - "A Secret Life: The Lies and Scandals of President Grover Cleveland"
- June 26, 2019 - "Only Yesterday: An Informal History of the 1920s" By Frederick Lewis Allen
- July 31, 2019 - “Hoover” by Kenneth Whyte
- Aug. 28, 2019 - “Hoover” by Kenneth Whyte
- Sept. 25, 2019 - “Traitor to His Class” by H.W. Brands
- Oct. 30, 2019 - “Traitor to His Class” by H.W. Brands
- Nov. 20, 2019 - “Traitor to His Class” by H.W. Brands
- December 2019 - No book club this month
For information on the book club, contact McLochlin at 419-332-2081 or [email protected]