Presidential History Book Club
FREMONT – History enthusiasts can read and discuss books about the American presidency with a book club based at the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
The Presidential History Book Club meets at noon once a month in the museum/library building. Participation is free. Members can bring their lunch to the meetings.
Members can get each month’s book from a local library or buy a copy. Copies of the books will be on sale in the Museum Store at Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
Curator Dustin McLochlin prepares talking points to generate a discussion among members at meetings. The format of the Presidential History Book Club is informal, and everyone is encouraged to be involved. The book club is sponsored by The Fremont Co.
The club has the following meetings and topics scheduled:
- March 27, 2019 - "Coolidge" by Amity Shlaes. Shlaes will discuss her book with the club via Skype.
- April 24, 2019 - "Coolidge" by Amity Shlaes
- May 29, 2019 - "A Secret Life: The Lies and Scandals of President Grover Cleveland"
- June 26, 2019 - "Only Yesterday: An Informal History of the 1920s" By Frederick Lewis Allen
- July 31, 2019 - “Hoover” by Kenneth Whyte
- Aug. 28, 2019 - “Hoover” by Kenneth Whyte
- Sept. 25, 2019 - “Traitor to His Class” by H.W. Brands
- Oct. 30, 2019 - “Traitor to His Class” by H.W. Brands
- Nov. 20, 2019 - “Traitor to His Class” by H.W. Brands
- December 2019 - No book club this month
For information on the book club, contact McLochlin at 419-332-2081 or [email protected]