Bluegrass, barbershop, big band and more featured in summer Verandah Concerts
Bluegrass, barbershop, big band and Ükulele music are among the genres musicians will perform during the annual Verandah Concert Series this summer at the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
Bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating on the Hayes Home lawn and listen to a variety of musicians perform two Wednesdays a month on the spacious verandah of President Rutherford B. Hayes’ beloved and historic home.
Each event begins with an ice cream social at 6:30 p.m., and music starts at 7 p.m. If there is inclement weather, concerts could be canceled. For updates, visit rbhayes.org or call 800-998-7737. Updates also will be posted on the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums’ social media pages.
The 2018 Verandah Concert schedule is as follows:
- June 13 – Fossil Creek Band, performing bluegrass music
- June 27 – Ükulele ensemble Grand Royale Ükulelists of the Black Swamp
- July 11 – Honey Creek Preservation Jass Band playing Dixieland jazz
- July 25 – Lake Plains Barbershop Chorus, performing men’s barbershop music
- Aug. 8 – Chrissy & Don: Music and Fun, performing popular music with vocals and acoustic guitar
- Aug. 22 – North Coast Big Band, performing World War II era big band music
The concerts are sponsored by Fremont Federal Credit Union. Additional funding by Mosser Construction, Inc.
The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums is America’s first presidential library and the forerunner for the federal presidential library system. It is partially funded by the state of Ohio and affiliated with the Ohio History Connection. The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums is located at Spiegel Grove at the corner of Hayes and Buckland avenues.
For information, call 419-332-2081, or visit rbhayes.org. Like HPLM on Facebook at fb.me/rbhayespres and follow on Twitter at @rbhayespres and Instagram at rbhayespres.