- The newly redesigned museum explains President Hayes’ presidency and life, and also features Ohio history.
- Its holdings include 19,000 artifacts, and more than 1,785 are on exhibit in the museum.
- Tours of the museum are self-guided.
- The museum features two floors of artifacts and exhibits, including the Hayes’ carriage and Lucy Webb Hayes’ dresses. The museum regularly has a special temporary exhibit.
- The Hayes home is a 31-room mansion where Rutherford B. Hayes and his family lived and is located next to the library and museum on the grounds of Spiegel Grove.
- Hayes Home tours (for individuals) take place every 30 minutes beginning at 9:30 a.m. (Mon.-Sat.) and 12:30 p.m. (Sun./holidays). Final tour is at 4:00 p.m. (These are Guide-led and last 45 minutes).
- Visitors wanting to tour both buildings should plan 3 hours for their visit. Museum tickets permit same-day re-admittance, allowing you to leave the site and return later. A valid ticket must be presented for re-admission.
- Group Tours (15 or more) must be scheduled 2 weeks in advance.
- Photography is permitted inside the Hayes Museum and on the grounds of Spiegel Grove, but not in the Home.