Rutherford B. Hayes Library & Museums Reproduction Agreement
Copyright: The copyright law of the U.S. (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to produce a photocopy or reproduction. One of the specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement.This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
Conditions of Reproduction
- The right to reproduce materials from the collections of the Rutherford B. Hayes Library and Museums is granted on a one-time basis only. Any further reproduction of this material is prohibited without the permission of the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library and Museums.
- Materials are reproduced for research use and may not be used for publication, exhibition, or other public purposes without permission from the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
- The Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums does not sell duplications, but rather performs the service of reproduction for a fee.
- Any publication, exhibition, or other public use of material reproduced from the collections of the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums must credit the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
- Permission may be granted to reproduce portions of the collections of the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums. The reproduction in its entirety of any collection of the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums is prohibited.
- In requesting permission to reproduce materials from the collections of the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums as described, the requestor agrees to hold harmless the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums and its trustees, officers, and agents either jointly or severally from any action involving infringement of the rights of any person or their heirs and descendants in common law or under statutory copyright.
- Permission to reproduce materials in which reproduction rights are reserved must be granted by signed written permission of the persons holding those rights.
- The requirements of copyrights are the responsibility of the author, producer, and publisher. Applicants assume all responsibility for questions of copyright and invasion of privacy that may arise in copying and using the materials.