Hayes Presidential Library & Museums wins prestigious marketing awards
The Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums recently won nine prestigious awards from the Ohio Travel Association for its marketing efforts.
The RUBY Awards, sponsored by Ohio Magazine, are the Ohio Travel Association’s way of honoring organizations that have found the most innovative ways to market their destination, experiences or services.
The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums won RUBY awards in the following categories:
- Newsletter - for its quarterly Statesman newsletter
- Annual Report
- Print Advertising
- Social Media Campaign ‑ for Rutherford and Lucy’s Centennial Goodwill Tour where cutouts of President Rutherford and First Lady Lucy Hayes traveled to presidential and first ladies’ sites around the country and were featured on the sites’ and HPLM’s social media accounts
- Website – for its new website unveiled in fall 2016 and designed and hosted by Thrive Internet Marketing
- TV Commercial – for a commercial produced by WTOL Toledo for its ME TV channel last summer
HPLM received the Citation of Excellence in the following categories:
- Newsletter – for its monthly Billet newsletter
- Direct Mail/Free Standing Insert – for its Gateway to the Future mailer
HPLM also received a Certificate of Achievement in the Direct Mail/Free Standing Insert category for its “Presidential Pop Culture” exhibit opening invitation.
The RUBY Awards are equivalent to first place, with the Citation of Excellence being equivalent to second place and the Certificate of Achievement being equivalent to third place.
The winners were announced Nov. 1 during the Ohio Travel Association’s Ohio Conference on Travel in Akron. HPLM’s awards were judged with other entries in the annual marketing budget of $0-$50,000.
The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums is America’s first presidential library and the forerunner for the federal presidential library system. It is partially funded by the state of Ohio and affiliated with the Ohio History Connection. The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums is located at Spiegel Grove at the corner of Hayes and Buckland avenues.
For information, call 419-332-2081, or visit rbhayes.org. Like HPLM on Facebook at fb.me/rbhayespres and follow on Twitter at @rbhayespres and Instagram at rbhayespres.