Presidential History Book Club
History enthusiasts can read and discuss books about the American presidency with a book club based at the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
The Presidential History Book Club meets at noon once a month in the museum/library building. Participation is free. Members can bring their lunch to the meetings.
Members can bring their own book, borrow one from a local library or buy a copy. Copies of the books also will be on sale in the Museum Store.
Curator Dustin McLochlin prepares talking points to generate a discussion among members at meetings. However, the format of the Presidential History Book Club is informal, and everyone is encouraged to be involved.
The club has the following meetings and topics scheduled for 2017 - 2018:
- Sept. 27, 2017 - "Chester Alan Arthur" by Zachary Karabell
- Oct. 25, 2017 - "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Nov. 29, 2017 - "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Dec. 20, 2017 - "Grover Cleveland" by Henry F. Graff
- Jan. 31, 2018 - "Benjamin Harrison" by Charles W. Calhoun
- Feb. 28 - "William McKinley" by Kevin Phillips
- March 28 - "The Triumph of McKinley: Why the Election of 1896 Still Matters"
- April 25 - "The Triumph of McKinley: Why the Election of 1896 Still Matters"
- May 30 - "The Bully Pulpit" by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- June 27 - "The Bully Pulpit" by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- July 25 - "The Bully Pulpit" by Doris Kearns Goodwin
For information on the book club, contact McLochlin at 419-332-2081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.