2017 Verandah Concert series
The Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums will showcase some of the region’s top musical groups this summer during its free Verandah Concert series.
Bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating on the Hayes Home lawn and listen to a variety of groups perform two Wednesdays a month this summer on the spacious verandah of President Rutherford B. Hayes’ beloved and historic home.
Each event begins with an ice cream social at 6:30 p.m., and music starts at 7 p.m. If there is inclement weather, concerts could be canceled. For updates, visit rbhayes.org or call 800-998-7737. Updates also will be posted on the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums’ Facebook and Twitter pages.
The 2017 Verandah Concert schedule is as follows:
- June 14 – The Fossil Creek Band, performing bluegrass music
- June 28 – Fostoria Community Band
- July 12 – UPDATE 12:30 p.m. July 12 - THIS CONCERT AND ICE CREAM SOCIAL HAS BEEN MOVED INTO THE MUSEUM AUDITORIUM AREA. CB Singers, a vocal jazz ensemble
- July 26 – The Rev. Robert Jones and Matt Watroba, performing American Roots Music. American Roots music reflects history, social change and hopes and dreams. Genres include folk, blues and spirituals.
- Aug. 9 – Terra Brass Choir
- Aug. 23 – North Coast Big Band
The concerts are sponsored by Fremont Federal Credit Union. Additional funding by Mosser Construction, Inc.
The Hayes Presidential Library & Museums is America’s first presidential library and is located at Spiegel Grove at the corner of Hayes and Buckland avenues. The facility is affiliated with the Ohio History Connection.