Frequently Asked Questions about Membership
- Can you email me my membership card?
- The HPLM does not email copies of our membership cards to members. We currently do not have the capability of doing so.
- How long until I receive my membership card after submitting my payment?
- It takes us about 5-7 business days to process a membership.
- What if I forget my membership card at home when visiting HPLM?
- Let our front desk staff know that you are a member. They can look up your name in our membership database. The database tells them your membership level and how many people are admitted with your membership.
- Can you send me an extra membership card for my spouse? We have a family/household (or above) membership.
- We only provide one membership card per membership account. If the card is not present when the member is visiting, our front desk staff can look up your membership information.
- How long does my membership last?
- One full year from the time you join. Example: you join on March 30, your membership will last until the following March 30.
- Is the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums part of the federal system of presidential libraries?
Founded in 1916, the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museums is America’s first presidential library and the forerunner for the federal presidential library system. It is owned by the state of Ohio and is managed by a non-profit organization, the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center, Inc. in partnership with the Ohio History Connection. All staff are employees of the non-profit organization.
It is not part of the federal presidential library system because it predates federal presidential libraries. The first federal presidential library, the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum in Hyde Park, New York, used the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums as a model for its site.
- What is the federal system of presidential libraries?
In the United States, the federal presidential library system is a nationwide network of 14 libraries administered by the Office of Presidential Libraries, which is part of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). Not all presidential libraries and sites are part of the federal system.
Thank you for your interest in our membership! If you have any other questions, please contact our Membership Coordinator Meghan Wonderly at 419-332-2081 ext. 237 or at [email protected].