Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center

Phil-Historic Society of Toledo

 

LH-MISC MSS


Introduction

Agency History

Scope and Content

Inventory

Introduction

The single ledger was donated to the Hayes Presidential Center by George Held family

Agency History

The educational organization, known as the Phil-Historic Society of Toledo (Philosophical and Historical Society of Toledo), was organized and incorporated on July 27, 1858 for the purpose of fostering historical inquiry among its eighteen charter members. An important focus of the society, was the organization of a "library" for members' use.

Scope and Content

The single ledger, begun in 1858 and continued through 1859, contains the records of the Phil-Historic Society of Toledo, including its constitution, by-laws, charter members, and a list of the society's books. A portion of the journal is written in German script.

Inventory

Ac. 5332

 

Ledger, 1858-1859.

go to top of page

Return to Rutherford B. Hayes Home Page

[Hayes Home | Museum | Library | Dillon House | Manuscripts | Biography]
[Membership | Store | Events Calendar | Staff | News Releases | Summary Background]
[R.B. Hayes Diary and Letters | Reception Desk: Hours, Map, Admission]