Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center

 

Port Clinton Mothers of Twins

 

LH-322

 


Introduction

Agency History

Scope and Content

Inventory

Introduction

The records of the Port Clinton Mothers of Twins Club were received from the organization in 2003.

Agency History

The Ohio Federation of Mothers of Twins was founded in 1949. It is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing information about multiple-birth siblings. It is open to any woman who is or has been the parent or guardian of multiple-birth children.

The Port Clinton Chapter was organized in March 1952. The charter members where Mrs. John Guy, Mrs. Wilbur Petersen, Mrs. Theron Fink, Mrs. Harold Younker, Mrs. Howard Ohm, and Mrs. Jesse Starnes. The Port Clinton Chapter currently encompasses all of Ottawa County, Ohio.

Recognition reports submitted by the Port Clinton Mothers of Twins Club for evaluation by officers of the state chapter provide the most complete picture of the organization’s activities. The reports give an overview of the year’s programs, which focus on health and parenting; state and community projects; membership and financial data; philanthropic donations; and news clippings, photos, and correspondence. Some reports include the state evaluation and critique sheets.

The Port Clinton Mothers of Twins Club has several continuing projects within Ottawa County. Among them are assistance for the Riverview School, a facility for the mentally disabled; the Ruth Ann House, a shelter for abused women; and donations to all schools in Ottawa County to assist with the schools’ Honors banquets.

Scope and Content

The organization’s material spans the years 1952 - 2002, providing an unbroken record of the Club’s activities since its organization. The bulk of the records covers the years 1970 - 2000. Included are membership, meeting, and financial records; program, convention, and anniversary books; recognition reports; and several scrapbooks, as well as loose photos and clippings.

Inventory

Ac. 5604
6 linear feet

Box 1

Annual Recognition Reports
1 1972 - 1973
2 1973 - 1974
3 1974 - 1975
4 1975 - 1976
5 1976 - 1977
6 1977 - 1978
7 1978 - 1979
8 1980 - 1981
9 1981 - 1982
10 1982 - 1983
11 1983 - 1984
12 1984 - 1985
13 1985 - 1986
14 1986 - 1987
15 1987 - 1988
16 1988 - 1989
17 1989 - 1990
18 1990 - 1991
19 1991 - 1992
20 1992 - 1993
21 1993 - 1994
22 1994 - 1995
23 1996 - 1997
24 1997 - 1998
25 1998 - 1999
26 1999 - 2000
27 2000 - 2001

Box 2

1 National Organization, Constitution and by-laws
2 Certificates of membership
3 Newspaper clippings, miscellaneous data 1960-1999; letter d. 22 Aug 75; miscellaneous papers
4 Audit Reports 1954-2002
5 Budget Reports 1963- 1977; 1980-1990
6 Reporter’s Papers: Press releases and "Twinformation" 1971-1978
7 Reporter’s Papers: Press releases and "Twinformation" 1978-1982(?)
8 "Twinformation" vol.14, no.1 (Oct. 1977) -vol.14, no.4 (June 1978)
9 Secretary’s Notes 1971-1975
10 Secretary’s Notes 1975-1979
11 Secretary’s Notes 1979-1983
12 Secretary’s Notes 1983-1987
13 Secretary’s Notes 1988-1994
14 Secretary’s Notes 1995-1997
15 Secretary’s Notes 1998-2001
16 Attendance records 1955; 1988-1999
17 Mother of the Year 1999-2000 notes
18 Miscellaneous photos with dates and/ or identification
19 Miscellaneous photos without dates or identification
20 Program books 1953-1969
21 Program books 1970-1979
22 Program books 1980-1989
23 Program books 1990-2002
24 Convention booklets
25 Anniversary booklets

Box 3

Scrapbooks and Photo Albums
1 1961 - 1970
2 1971 - 1972
3 1972 - 1978
4 1978 - 1983
5 1985 - 1989
6 1987 - 1994

Box 4

Scrapbook 1952 - 1961

go to top of page

Return to Rutherford B. Hayes Home Page

[Hayes Home | Museum | Library | Dillon House | Manuscripts | Biography]
[Membership | Store | Events Calendar | Staff | News Releases | Summary Background]
[R.B. Hayes Diary and Letters | Reception Desk: Hours, Map, Admission]