Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center

 

German Aid Society/German Central
Society of Ohio

 

LH-271

 


Introduction

Agency History

Scope and Content

Inventory

Introduction

The records of this late nineteenth-century insurance company were acquired by the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center in 1946. Much of the material is recorded in German. Little is known about its existence.

Agency History

The German Aid Society organized in Sandusky County, Ohio in June of 1879. By October of 1890, the society had grown to forty-four members when the German Central Society of Ohio formed. The Central Society held its annual meetings of the Executive Board in Fremont, Bellevue, Toledo, Bucyrus, and Gibsonburg Ohio from 1890-1900.

Scope and Content

The collections consists of three ledgers, providing membership data, minutes, financial records, and Executive Board minutes from 1879 to 1901.

Inventory

linear ft.

Ac. 395

Papers, 1879-1901

 

German Aid Society - Dues and Membership Ledger, 1879-1890

German Central Society - Minutes, 1890-1900

German Central Society - Executive Board Minutes, 1890-1901

go to top of page

Return to Rutherford B. Hayes Home Page

[Hayes Home | Museum | Library | Dillon House | Manuscripts | Biography]
[Membership | Store | Events Calendar | Staff | News Releases | Summary Background]
[R.B. Hayes Diary and Letters | Reception Desk: Hours, Map, Admission]