Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center

 

Clyde, Ohio Alumni Association Records

 

LH-266


Introduction

Agency History

Scope and Content

Inventory

Introduction

The Clyde (Ohio) Alumni Association records were donated to the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center by Thaddeus B. Hurd, Clyde local historian.

Agency History

The Clyde (Ohio) Alumni Association was founded in 1877 to gather past Clyde High School graduates for an annual reunion. The event, held each spring, included a banquet, a roll call of past graduates, and a business meeting, and resolutions of condolence for deceased graduates.

Scope and Content

The collection includes meeting minutes, treasurer's records, attendance records, membership lists, and miscellaneous clippings, photos, and correspondence from 1874 to 1960.

Inventory

linear ft.

Ac. 5358

Papers, 1874-1960

 

Constitution and minutes, 1911-1942

Dues book, 1918-1942

Cash ledger, 1915-1942

High school class schedules, 1924-1930

Class lists, 1874-1924, 1929, 1942-1947

Membership lists, 1940-1942

Attendance records, 1909-1911

Miscellaneous clippings, ribbons, photos, correspondence

go to top of page

Return to Rutherford B. Hayes Home Page

[Hayes Home | Museum | Library | Dillon House | Manuscripts | Biography]
[Membership | Store | Events Calendar | Staff | News Releases | Summary Background]
[R.B. Hayes Diary and Letters | Reception Desk: Hours, Map, Admission]