Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center

 

Sandusky County Labor Council

AFL-CIO

 

LH-380

Introduction

Agency History

Scope and Content

Inventory

 

Introduction

 

These records were donated to the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center in 2012 by James G. Weaver.

 

Agency History

 

The Sandusky County Labor Council, AFL-CIO was founded in the 1950s by local industrial workers in Sandusky County, Ohio.It was originally known as the Sandusky County Industrial Union Council. The organizationís first president was Walter Dick. He resigned in 1955.In 1959 the organization changed its name so as to include a wider range of workers, along with the merging of the national AFL-CIO (American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations).

 

The council is dedicated to promoting unionism through education and community-based projects to Sandusky County, Ohio workers.An additional function of the council was to promote the objectives and policies of the National AFL-CIO organization.The Sandusky County Labor Council is a yearly sponsor of both the Labor Day parade and Boy Scouts Pinewood Derby.

 

Scope and Content

 

This collection spans the years from 1973 to 2006, with the bulk of the materials dating from the 1990s.There are three ledger books containing meeting minutes from 1984 to 2006.The collection also includes annual reports, newsletters, correspondence and membership lists for the organization.

 

Inventory

Ac. 5813

Ĺ linear ft.

 

Box 1

 

Ledger:Meeting Minutes; November 14, 1984-September 9, 1992

Ledger:Meeting Minutes; October 1992-September 1998

Ledger:Meeting Minutes; October 1998-September 2006

 

Box 2

 

1. Constitution and By-Laws

2.Officers and Trustees

3.Correspondence

4.Annual Reports

5.Affiliated Local Unions and Delegates

6.Newsletters

7.Organizational History

8.Labor Day Parade/Pinewood Derby

9.Miscellaneous Documents