Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center
Scope and Content
The Gillmor family is a prominent family in the
Thomas Gillmor was born in
Phineas served in the 169th O.V.I. during the Civil War. He later farmed and was a well-known racehorse man. In 1866 he married Margaret Myers, daughter of Emanuel and Marie (Myres) Myers. Phineas and Margaret were the parents of seven children: Bert, twins Clara and Clarence, James, Lester, Maud, and Artie. Bert and his wife, Charlotte, headed the Gillmor Troupe, and acrobatic show that traveled with several large circuses.
Clarence worked as a farmer and painter. He married Gladys
Speller, daughter of Henry and Rebecca (Hineline)
Speller, in 1905. They were the parents of nine children:
Alexander Baker, his wife, and two children arrived in
Among the children of Joshua and Hannah was a son, John,
born Dec. 24, 1681. John later moved to
Elijah married Tabitha Castle about 1771. Their son, Elijah
II, was born near
Howard J. Fry II, son of Howard and Bessie, married Lola Gillmor in 1933. Lucy Fry, daughter of Howard and Bessie Fry, married Paul M. Gillmor Jan. 20, 1934
was born about 1600 in
Samuel and Sarah were the parents of Joseph Frary born in 1699. Joseph married Hannah White, daughter of Jacob and Deborah (Shepard) White in 1728 and they were the parents of eight children including Joseph born in 1732.
This Joseph Frary married Elizabeth Kirby, daughter of John and Hannah
the oldest of eight children of John and Rachel, was born in 1794 and about
1820 he married Nancy Torrance Cochran, daughter of Samuel and Margaret (Green)
Cochran. About this time Phineas and Nancy moved to
Hans Heinrich “Henry” Frey
was born in
Benjamin Frey, the third child of Henry and Anna, married Christena Markley (various versions of this name appear)
about 1721 and they had nine children. In 1744 Benjamin bought 500 acres of
land on Cedar Creek in
The fourth son of Benjamin and Christena,
Joseph, was born in
Jacob Fry, the fourth son of Joseph and Anne, was born in 1769, He married Elizabeth Bean, daughter of Mordecai and
Mordecai Fry was born 1799 in
James H. Fry married Emma Wickert.
They were the parents of two children, Howard James and Orpha.
James Fry was serving as
H. James Fry II married Lula Clara Gillmor, daughter of Clarence and Gladys (Speller) Gillmor, June 1933
Heinlein, his wife, son Johann, and daughters Sarah and Eva sailed from
James, the oldest child of Johann and Sarah, married
Hugh Hineline, the first child of
James and Ann, was born February 11, 18802 in
Rebecca Emma Hineline, daughter of Hugh and Rebecca Hineline, married Henry Speller in 1881. Their daughter, Gladys, married Clarence Gillmor in 1905.
Henry Myers was born 1782 in
Lambert Speller was born
The collection, dating from 1880 to 2007, contains
genealogical records for the Gillmor family as well as its ancestry through the
Baker, Frary, Fry, Hineline,
Myers, and Speller families. Some of these records trace the various lines back
to the 1600s in
3 linear ft.
1. Baker Family Records
2. Frary Family Records
3. Frary, Nancy (Cochran) (Lola’s great-great-grandmother)
4. Fry Family Records
5. Fry, Howard J. (Lola’s father-in-law)
6. Fry, Roscoe - letters
7. Hineline Family Records
8 Hineline, John - letters (Lola’s great-uncle)
9 Myers Family Records
10 Myers, Margaret (Bostic) (Lola’s great-great-grandmother)
11 Myers, Emanuel (Lola’s great-grandfather)
12 Myers, Maria (Myres) (Lola’s great-grandmother)
13 Myers, Bert (Lola’s great-uncle)
14 Myers, Henry and Amanda Lucretia “Topsy” (Lutz) (Lola’s great uncle & great-aunt)
15 Myers, Lewis (son of Henry and “Topsy”)
16 Myers, Charles B. (son of Henry and “Topsy”)
17 Myers, Harry (son of Henry and “Topsy”)
18 Myers, Leander and Mary (Lola’s great-uncle and great-aunt)
19 Speller Family Records
20 Speller, Lambert and Mary (Fry) (Lola’s great-grandparents)
21 Speller, Henry (Lola’s grandfather)
22 Speller, Rebecca (Hineline) (Lola’s grandmother)\
23 Speller, John George (Lola’s gret-uncle)
24 Speller, James and Bertha (son of John G. Speller)
25 Speller, Augustus (Lola’s great-uncle)
26 Speller, Hugh and Grace (Lola’s uncle and aunt)
27 Speller, Wilbur and Aleta (son of Hugh and Grace)
28 Speller, William (Lola’s uncle)
29 Gillmor Family Records
30 Gillmor, James (Lola’s great-great-grandfather)
31 Gillmor, Thomas (Lola’s great-grandfather)
32 Gillmor, Margaret (Frary) (Lola’s great-grandmother)
33 DeLong, John and Delores (Gillmor) (daughter of Thomas and Margaret
34 Wagner, Nancy (Gillmor ) (daughter of Thomas and Margaret Gillmor)
35 Gillmor, James (son of Thomas and Margaret Gillmor)
36 Clink, Ralph W. and Bertha (Gillmor) (daughter of James Gillmor)
37 Gillmor, Phineas (Lola’s granfather)
38 Gillmor, Margaret (Myers) (Lola’s grandmother)
39 Gillmor, Bert (Lola’s uncle)
40 Gillmor, James H. (Lola’s uncle)
41 Bartlett, Clara (Gillmor) (Lola’s aunt)
42 Bartlett, Clara (Gillmor) -
43 Gillmor, Maud (Lola’s aunt)
44 Gillmor, Artie (Lola’s uncle)
45 Gillmor, Lester (Lola’s uncle)
46 Gillmor, Clarence (Lola’s father)
47 Gillmor, Clarence – photographs
48 Gillmor, Clarence – letters from West 1907, 1908, 1910
49 Gillmor, Clarence – letters
1 Gillmor, Gladys (Speller) (Lola’s mother)
2 Gillmor, Gladys (Speller)
3 Gillmor, Gladys (Speller) – photographs
4 Gillmor, Gladys (Speller) – letters to
5 Gillmor, Clarence and Gladys (Speller) - family photographs, etc.
6 Witter, Frances (Gillmor) (Lola’s sister)
7 Gillmor, Robert (Lola’s brother)
8 Voelzke, Louise (Gillmor) (daughter of Robert Gillmor)
9 Gillmor, Robert “Bob” (grandson of Robert Gillmor)
10 Heilman, Marian (Gillmor) (Lola’s sister)
11 Gillmor, Paul M. (Lola’s brother)
12 Gillmor, Paul E. (son of Paul M. Gillmor)
13 Drown, Margaret (Gillmor) (Lola’s sister)
14 Fry, Lola (Gillmor)
15 Joseph, Bernice “Bea” (Gillmor) (Lola’s sister)
16 Gillmor, Ralph “Spiv” (Lola’s brother)
17 Gillmor – Frary Reunions
18 Miscellaneous Photographs
19 Invitations – Weddings, High School & College Graduations
20 Funeral notices
21 Miscellaneous Deeds and Real Estate Items
22 Miscellaneous Items
Old Fort High School Class of 1932 and 1933 composite photographs
Wedding book for Clarence and Gladys (Speller) Gillmor, “Roses are on the Way”
Account books for 1941 and 1953
Newspapers regarding the death of Paul E. Gillmor
1. Howard FRY
2. H. James FRY II H. James FRY II and Lola GILLMOR were married.
3. Lola GILLMOR H. James FRY II and Lola GILLMOR had the following children:
1 i. Howard FRY.
ii. Ray FRY
iii. Gerald FRY
iv. Norman FRY
v. Doris FRY
vi. Janet FRY
4. Howard J. FRY I Howard J. FRY I and Bessie BAKER were married.
5. Bessie BAKER Howard J. FRY I and Bessie BAKER had the following children:
2 i. H. James FRY II.
6. Clarence GILLMOR was born in 1879. He died in 1943. Clarence GILLMOR and Gladys SPELLER were married.
7. Gladys SPELLER was born in 1882. She died in 1958. Clarence GILLMOR and Gladys SPELLER had the following children:
3 i. Lola GILLMOR.
ii. Frances GILLMOR was born in 1906. She died in 1993.
iii. Robert GILLMOR
iv. Marian GILLMOR
v. Paul M. GILLMOR was born in 1911.
vi. Ernest (Bill) GILLMOR
vii. Margaret GILLMOR
viii. Beatrice (Bea) GILLMOR
ix. Ralph (Spiv) GILLMOR
8. James FRY was born
9. Emma WICKERT James FRY and Emma WICKERT had the following children:
4 i. Howard J. FRY I.
10. John BAKER John BAKER and Carolyn REARICK were married.
11. Carolyn REARICK John BAKER and Carolyn REARICK had the following children:
5 i. Bessie BAKER.
12. Phineas GILLMOR was born in 1843. He died in 1910. Phineas GILLMOR and Margaret MYERS were married.
13. Margaret MYERS Phineas GILLMOR and Margaret MYERS had the following children:
6 i. Clarence GILLMOR.
ii. Bert GILLMOR was a Circus performer.
iii. Clara GILLMOR
iv. James GILLMOR
v. Lester GILLMOR
vi. Maud GILLMOR
vii. Artie GILLMOR
14. Henry SPELLER was born
in 1845 in
15. Rebecca Emma HINELINE Henry SPELLER and Rebecca Emma HINELINE had the following children:
7 i. Gladys SPELLER.
ii. Hugh SPELLER
iii. William SPELLER
16. Mordecai FRY was born
in 1799 in
17. Elizabeth LITTLER Mordecai FRY and Elizabeth LITTLER had the following children:
8 i. James FRY.
20. Sanford G. BAKER Sanford G. BAKER and Cynthia WEBSTER were married.
21. Cynthia WEBSTER Sanford G. BAKER and Cynthia WEBSTER had the following children:
10 i. John BAKER.
24. Thomas GILLMORE was born in 1809. He died in 1876. Thomas GILLMORE and Margaret FRARY were married.
25. Margaret FRARY was born in 1821 in Ballville Twp.. Thomas GILLMORE and Margaret FRARY had the following children:
i. Nancy J. GILLMORE was born in 1838. She died in 1858.
12 ii. Phineas GILLMOR.
iii. James GILLMORE was born in 1847. He died in 1917.
iv. Delores GILLMORE was born in 1852. She died in 1919.
v. Lilly GILLMORE was born in 1854. She died in 1861.
26. Emanuel MYERS Emanuel MYERS and Maria MYRES were married.
27. Maria MYRES Emanuel MYERS and Maria MYRES had the following children:
13 i. Margaret MYERS.
ii. Bert MYERS
iii. Henry MYERS
iv. Leander MYERS
v. Jane MYERS
vi. Alfred MYERS
28. Lambert SPELLER was
born in 1815 near
29. Mary FRY Lambert SPELLER and Mary FRY had the following children:
14 i. Henry SPELLER.
ii. Augustus SPELLER
iii. Lizette SPELLER
iv. Fred SPELLER
v. Mina SPELLER
vi. John SPELLER
30. Hugh HINELINE Hugh
HINELINE and Rebecca LATTIG were married about 1860 in
31. Rebecca LATTIG Hugh HINELINE and Rebecca LATTIG had the following children:
15 i. Rebecca Emma HINELINE.
32. Jacob FRY was born in
33. Elizabeth BEAN Jacob FRY and Elizabeth BEAN had the following children:
16 i. Mordecai FRY.
40. Elijah BAKER II Elijah BAKER II and Lavinna WHITE were married.
41. Lavinna WHITE Elijah BAKER II and Lavinna WHITE had the following children:
48. James GILLMORE was born
in 1763 in
49. Elizabeth BAILEY was born in 1784. She died in 1865. James GILLMORE and Elizabeth BAILEY had the following children:
24 i. Thomas GILLMORE.
ii. John GILLMORE died in 1831.
iii. William GILLMORE was born in 1803. He died in 1877.
iv. Mary GILLMORE was born in 1805. She died in 1829.
v. James GILLMORE
vi. David GILLMORE was born in 1813.
vii. Nancy GILLMORE was born in 1815. She died in 1884.
viii. Isaiah GILLMORE was born in 1822.
ix. Hannah GILLMORE was born in 1821. She died in 1856.
x. Sally (Sarah) GILLMORE was born in 1826. She died in 1899.
xi. Lewis GILLMORE was born in 1831. He died in 1843.
50. Phineas FRARY was born in 1794. He died in 1842. Phineas FRARY and Nancy COCHRAN were married in 1819.
51. Nancy COCHRAN was born in 1803. She died in 1876. Phineas FRARY and Nancy COCHRAN had the following children:
25 i. Margaret FRARY.
52. Henry MYERS was born in
53. Margaret BOSTIC Henry MYERS and Margaret BOSTIC had the following children:
26 i. Emanuel MYERS.
60. James HINELINE James
30 i. Hugh HINELINE.
64. Joseph FREY was born in
65. Ann FUNK Joseph FREY and Ann FUNK had the following children:
32 i. Jacob FRY.
80. Elijah BAKER I Elijah BAKER I had the following children:
40 i. Elijah BAKER II.
100. John FRARY was born in Oct 1766. John FRARY and Rachel CROOKS were married in 1791.
101. Rachel CROOKS John FRARY and Rachel CROOKS had the following children:
50 i. Phineas FRARY.
106. Johannes BOSTIC Johannes BOSTIC and Margaret were married.
107. Margaret Johannes BOSTIC and Margaret had the following children:
53 i. Margaret BOSTIC.
120. Johann HEINLEIN Johann HEINLEIN and Sarah DYKSON were married in 1763.
121. Sarah DYKSON Johann HEINLEIN and Sarah DYKSON had the following children:
60 i. James HINELINE.
128. Benjamin FREY was born
in 1703 in
129. Christen ANN ? Benjamin FREY and Christen ANN ? had the following children:
64 i. Joseph FREY.
160. John BAKER John BAKER had the following children:
80 i. Elijah BAKER I.
200. Joseph FRARY was born in 1732. Joseph FRARY and Elizabeth KIRBY were married in 1762.
201. Elizabeth KIRBY Joseph FRARY and Elizabeth KIRBY had the following children:
100 i. John FRARY.
240. Matheis HEINLEIN emigrated in 1754. Matheis HEINLEIN had the following children:
120 i. Johann HEINLEIN.
256. Heinrich FREY was born
in 1663 in
257. Anna LEVERING Heinrich FREY and Anna LEVERING had the following children:
128 i. Benjamin FREY.
320. Joshua BAKER Joshua BAKER and Hannah MINSTER were married.
321. Hannah MINSTER Joshua BAKER and Hannah MINSTER had the following children:
160 i. John BAKER.
400. Joseph FRARY was born in 1699. Joseph FRARY and Hannah WHITE were married in 1728.
401. Hannah WHITE Joseph FRARY and Hannah WHITE had the following children:
200 i. Joseph FRARY.
402. John KIRBY John KIRBY and Hannah STOW were married.
403. Hannah STOW John KIRBY and Hannah STOW had the following children:
201 i. Elizabeth KIRBY.
640. Alexander BAKER was
born in 1695 in
641. Elizabeth Alexander BAKER and Elizabeth had the following children:
320 i. Joshua BAKER.
800. Samuel FRARY Samuel FRARY and Sarah BOARDMAN were married.
801. Sarah BOARDMAN Samuel FRARY and Sarah BOARDMAN had the following children:
400 i. Joseph FRARY.
802. Jacob WHITE Jacob WHITE and Deborah SHEPARD were married.
803. Deborah SHEPARD Jacob WHITE and Deborah SHEPARD had the following children:
401 i. Hannah WHITE.
FRARY was born in
1601. Mary GRAVES Eleazer FRARY and Mary GRAVES had the following children:
800 i. Samuel FRARY.
1602. Isaac BOARDMAN Isaac BOARDMAN and Abiah KIMBERLY were married.
1603. Abiah KIMBERLY Isaac BOARDMAN and Abiah KIMBERLY had the following children:
801 i. Sarah BOARDMAN.
3200. John FRARY was born
about 1600 in
3201. Prudence TOWNSEND was
1600 i. Eleazer FRARY.
3202. Isaac GRAVES Isaac GRAVES and Mary CHURCH were married.
3203. Mary CHURCH Isaac GRAVES and Mary CHURCH had the following children:
1601 i. Mary GRAVES.
Hayes Presidential Center
Elizabeth (b. 1784), 4
Alexander (b. 1695), 7
Bessie, 1, 2
Elijah, 4, 5, 6
John, 2, 3, 6
Joshua, 6, 7
Sanford G., 3, 4
Ann, 5, 6
Sarah, 7, 8
Nancy (b. 1803), 4
Eleazer, 7, 8
John (b. 1600), 8
John (b. 1766), 5, 6
Joseph (b. 1699), 7
Joseph (b. 1732), 6, 7
Margaret (b. 1821), 3, 4
Phineas (b. 1794), 4, 5
Benjamin (b. 1703), 6
Heinrich (b. 1663), 6
Joseph (b. 1727), 5, 6
H. James, 1
Howard J., 1, 2
Jacob (b. 1769), 4, 5
James, 2, 3
Mordecai (b. 1799), 2, 4
Beatrice (Bea), 1
Clarence (b. 1879), 1, 2
Ernest (Bill), 1
Frances (b. 1906), 1
Paul M. (b. 1911), 1
Phineas (b. 1843), 2, 3
Ralph (Spiv), 1
David (b. 1813), 4
Delores (b. 1852), 3
Hannah (b. 1821), 4
Isaiah (b. 1822), 4
James (b. 1763), 4
James (b. 1847), 3
Lewis (b. 1831), 4
Lilly (b. 1854), 3
Mary (b. 1805), 4
Nancy (b. 1815), 4
Nancy J. (b. 1838), 3
Sally (Sarah) (b. 1826), 4
Thomas (b. 1809), 3, 4
William (b. 1803), 4
Mary, 7, 8
Johann, 5, 6
Hugh, 3, 5
Rebecca Emma, 2, 4
Elizabeth, 6, 7
Emanuel, 3, 5
Henry (b. 1782), 5
Margaret, 2, 3
Gladys (b. 1882), 1, 2
Henry (b. 1845), 2, 3
Lambert (b. 1815), 3