Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center
Ballville Presbyterian Chapel
Scope and Content
The record book for the Ballville Presbyterian Chapel was given to the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center by David Miller in August 2008.
An extension of
The Board of National Missions of the Presbyterian Church had “made it possible for a full time pastor to serve the regularly established East Side Presbyterian Church and also to share this ministry with the Ballville Presbyterian Chapel….” The shared ministry meant that baptisms, weddings, and funerals performed at the Chapel would be registered in the established Presbyterian Church.
A chapel was constructed in the 1800 block of
The record book for the Ballville Presbyterian Chapel begins with a record of offerings beginning October 7, 1945. The book contains minutes of weekly services, providing summaries of services (readers, scriptures, hymns, attendance, offering, and presiding clergy) financial reports, attendance records, from October 1945 through April 1959.
Also included are the mission statement of the Ballville Presbyterian Chapel and the history of the
Chapel’s association with the East Side Presbyterian Church in
One 8 ¾ inch by 13 ½ inch ledger book of 300 pages, containing several loose miscellaneous notes and notices.