If you are a genealogist it pays to be a Member!
1. www.Archives.com one year at-home subscription. When a person becomes a member at the $45 level or above or renews, he/she will be given a unique username and password and have access to Archives.com from home. This family history website has a fully searchable database of more than a billion vital records and historical documents and newspapers.
For this site, the username and password will arrive by mail five BUSINESS DAYS from your date of purchase. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
2. New! One years subscription at home to www.MyHeritage.com
Log in to the Hayes Presidential Centers membership and then click on the links to access MyHeritage at home. This website features
· over 5 billion primary historical records from the United States, Europe, and other regions, with coverage starting from the 16th century
· a focus on people-based records, which contain information about both everyday people and prominent individuals across societies and periods of time
· The USA federal census (1790-1940) with images
· 816 million US public records
· More than 80 million historical photographs
· Directories, guides, references, biographies and yearbooks
· New collections containing millions of records added monthly
The Sandusky County Kin Hunters and an anonymous donor help make this subscription possible.
3. On-site discount on photocopies of library/manuscript materials
Due to legal restrictions from the companies who supply HeritageQuestOnline and NewspaperArchive s, we will no longer be able to offer remote access to these web sites through our website as a benefit of the Hayes Presidential Center membership. HeritageQuest was discontinued as of June 1, 2015 and NewspaperArchives remote access will be discontinued as of August 1, 2015. NewspaperArchives will continue to available in the library but not at home.
Members of the $45 and above will still have Archives.com membership benefit, which actually has all the census records and indexes that HeritageQuest has and even more importantly, it has many, if not all, of the digitized newspapers that NewspaperArchives has. So you can still access many of the same resources we had before.
If you are not a member and would like to become one, it is now possible to join online. Go to http://www.rbhayes.org/hayes/joinmember/ and add your order to the online shopping cart. If you do not like to shop online, you can print out the forms online and mail a check for the proper amount to
Hayes Presidential Center
Fremont, OH 43420