- The charge is $2.00 per obituary PREPAID
- Your request should include a list of the name and citation “LCGS Obituary File.”
Note: The majority of the LCGS Obituary File is made up of obituaries gathered from 1972 to present. Unfortunately, the majority of the file does not identify the newspaper source or date published.
- Make the check payable to “Licking County Genealogical Society” and mail to:
|Licking County Genealogical Society
101 W. Main St.
Newark, OH 43055-5062
- LCGS volunteers will fill your obituary request as soon as possible - generally within two weeks.
- Researchers may also visit the library in person where photocopies are 15 cents each. Visit our web site at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ohlcgs2/ for more information.
- LCGS volunteers will research all records in our library for $20.00 prepaid per surname which includes the first 12 photocopies and return postage. Additional pages are 25 cents each.
Note: In 1867, Ohio passed a law that birth and deaths were to be recorded, but not all were. As the Licking County Courthouse burned in 1875 there are no birth or death records prior to 1875. A few marriages were re-recorded but again not all were. Ohio did not issue birth or death certificates until 20 December 1903.