- The charge is $2.50 per obituary (not per person - some people have several obits.)
- Make a list of the name and the citation - newspaper name or abbreviation, date, page, column.
- Mail with check made out to "Huron Historical Society" for amount - (number of obits X $2.50):
|Huron Historical Society
Huron Public Library
333 Williams Street
Huron, OH 44839
- Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- The HHS staff will mail you the copies of the obits as soon as they can get to them. The turnaround time will depend on the amount of traffic this web service generates.
Of course, it is always possible for the researcher to visit the Huron Historical Society at the Huron Public Library in person. Copies of the obituaries on site are only $.25 each since you do
the look-ups! For information about Huron Public Library's hours and location, visit their web site:
If more in-depth assistance is needed, contact The Huron Historical Society to schedule an appointment 419-433-5009, Ext. 243
Huron Public Library only has Huron newspapers. For other newspapers listed in the Obituary Index, check the List of Newspapers under "Location" to determine which library owns which newspapers at http://www.rbhayes.org/hayes/index/list.asp.
Huron Historical Society Contact Person:
419-433-5009 ext. 243
Huron Public Library Contact Person: