join now! | shopping cart

Information Center

Visitor Information
About Us
What's Happening
Online Store
Featured Page

We're on Facebook
The Hayes Presidential Center now has a Facebook page. There are a couple of look-alikes out there but this is real thing!




Enjoy music in the President's parlor

Julie Craigo and Ted Badgerow will perform parlor music in the Hayes Home.Rutherford and Lucy Hayes maintained a very musical household, whether they were living in the White House or their Fremont residence. The Hayes Presidential Center celebrates the presidential couple’s love of performance with a NEW event taking place inside the newly restored Hayes Home.

Music in the Parlor takes place 4-5 p.m. Sunday, May 18 in the elegant Library Parlor of the Hayes mansion. Seating is limited. Tickets are required and must be reserved in advance. Cost is $8/adults, $4/children age 12 and younger. For reservations please call 419-332-2081, ext. 238.

Music in the Parlor features the talents of the Dodworth Duo, a sub-group of the Dodworth Saxhorn Band that performs regularly at Greenfield Village in Michigan. Artists Julie Craigo (soprano) and Ted Badgerow (tenor) will bring to life songs of the 19th century – principally those of the Dodworth era (1835-1895) in a concert titled “America’s Past in History & Song.” Their presentation is historically informative and invites audience participation. Among the instruments that may accompany the vocalists are guitar, banjo, fife, harmonica, and penny whistle.

© 2005 The Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center
Spiegel Grove, Fremont, OH 43420-2796
phone 419.332.2081 | fax 419.332.4952

Web design and hosting by WGTE Public Broadcasting