Contact Director of Development Kathy Boukissen
419-332-2081 ext.226 or Cell 419-680-4093
Charitable Giving through Planned Gifts
Your gift to the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums will make a lasting impact on the institution. As we celebrate 100 years of existence, your gift will secure our efforts for the NEXT 100 years!
Types of Planned Giving:
A gift of money or property left by will or trust. Your bequest can be unrestricted or designated to an area of your interest at the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums.
- Bequests are simple to implement and can be altered over your lifetime
- Tax-Smart – a bequest may reduce estate taxes and does not diminish your current assets
A Win-Win situation. You can make a gift to the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums and receive income for life and generous tax benefits. There are several options of Life-Income Gifts.
Types of Life-Income Gifts:
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Give it Twice Trusts
Securities: Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds
These are generally deductible at their full value if they have been owned for longer than a year.
- No Tax is owed on the capital gain that would result from a sale of securities
- Securities that have increased in value can bring additional tax savings
- Investments that are worth less than their cost can be sold and the cash proceeds can be used to make a charitable gift for a charitable deduction, thus offsetting any capital gain income
You can name the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums as an owner or beneficiary of your policy. If there are premium payments that remain to be paid, you could make annual gifts to the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums to help cover the costs of the premium, which also would be tax-deductible to you.
Types of Life Insurance:
- Paid-Up Life Insurance Policy
- You can deduct the cash value of the policy at the time of the gift
- New Policy
- You establish the policy and then transfer ownership to the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums
Become a Legacy Leader
Legacy Leaders is a donor leadership group comprised of people who demonstrate their recognition of the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums’ value by including the Library and Museums as a beneficiary in their wills, life insurance policies, annuities, or other planned-giving vehicles. We know many of you already have included the Library & Museums in your planned giving but have not yet made it known to us. Why is it important to inform us of your plans? As a Legacy Leader you will inspire others to do the same and secure the nation’s first presidential library for the next 100 years.
For more information about Planned Giving, contact your legal and financial counsel or the Development Director, Kathy Boukissen, at 419-332-2081 ext. 226 or email@example.com.